Time: 2020-01-14 21:48:03 | Click:4
The winter holiday for students this year is from January 13th to February 16th. According to the school's regulations, all students should return to school on the evening of February 16th at the latest. Whether you have class or not, you should obey this rule and come to A207A with your passport and student ID book to register from February 14th to 16th.
I would like to remind you of the following points：
Please pay attention to the expiration date of your visa. Students who need to extend residence permit (Visa) (if before Feb. 14th your visa will be expired, please contact Miss Xu before Jan. 16th, 2020 ).
In order to ensure a safe living and learning environment during 2020 Winter Holiday, the College of International Education would like to remind students to pay attention to the safety tips:
1. Pay attention to using electricity safely. Do not use the prohibited or high-volume electricity appliances, like the electricstove. Do not personally change the electricity wires or structure without any permit. If any international student finds something unusual of the electricity use or appliances, Please contact the dormitory administrator for repair immediately.
2. All international students must comply with Chinese laws and regulations in addition to our university’s policies. Any violation of national laws, ordinances and statutes will result in legal penalties from the Ministry of Public Security and the Ministry of Justice, and, according to the severity of the offense, students who commit violations will be given a serious warning that could lead to expulsion from China University of Petroleum (Beijing). Please pay a special attention to the common violations such as illegal working with student visa, visa expiration, unruly behaviour due to alcohol, and disturbing others when living off campus. Students who need to ask for a leave must perform in strict accordance with CUPB policies regarding taking leave for students, which entails notifying and receiving permission from relevant teachers and departments.
3. Traffic and travel safety reminders: Please abideby all traffic laws and regulations and pay close attention to traffic safety. Riding motorcycles is not permitted. When riding battery-operated vehicles, do not overspeed or overload. If riding a bicycle, do not go against traffic or runred lights. Carry a valid passport with you at all times. If you are staying out, you need to register your recommendation within 24 hours of arrival at your destination.
4. Reminders regarding safety when using elevators: When using an elevator, please do not overload. When an warning alarm occurs, it is supposed to exit the escalator quickly and steadily. If a malfunction occurs when using the escalator, please call maintenance or the police, and do not panic.
5. Tips to prevent theft and fraud: Do not carry a lot of cash when going out. Do not let strangers stay in your room. When leaving your room, make sure to lock windows and balconies. Refuse any form of sales promotion and protect your personal information. Take care of your personal documents, and do not let others use them on your behalf. Always carry a photocopy of your important documents (e.g. passports).
Public Security: 110
First Aid: 120
We hope that all students will keep these reminders in mind, and we wish you all a safe and happy Holiday!